Saturday, August 22, 2009

Inaugural Bangkok Post!

It first hit me that I was going to be a long way from home when I stepped on the Japan Air 797 flight from Chicago to Tokyo on September 29th. I looked around the crowded cabin and realized I was the only white person sitting in my section. Severely jet-lagged, I arrived in Bangkok at 9PM local time and managed to find a taxi to take me to my hotel. As we turned onto Sukhumvit Road, the main artery of the city, I saw an enormous elephant walking down the sidewalk with a blinking light attached to its tail. From that time on, it has been an adventure (and misadventure) in this huge and vibrant city. It has been pretty nuts so far but I am really loving it here. Sorry about the long wait for my first blog post; I have been so busy with finding a place to live, finding Internet and working. Here is a link to some of the pictures I have taken so far: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2482803&l=fdf7b&id=6802265

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2499205&l=93fff&id=6802265

Also, if you want to get ahold of me, my email address is parker.a.lynch@gmail.com…I’d love to get feedback or suggestions about the blog! Many more blog posts and pictures to come I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment