Monday, January 10, 2011

Skydiving in Pattaya!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN7WifUmOd8]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhdkpofPzYY]

For my 27th birthday, Aubrey and my friend Evan (who was visiting in Thailand at the time) decided to surprise me by telling me we were going skydiving. One small problem however; I am TERRIFIED of heights. I can't even get near the railing on a tall building or look down while on a ski lift. But as they say, "this is Thailand" and I felt like it was the time to let it rip. After all, if I was going to die, it would be on my birthday. The people at Thai Sky Adventures were so friendly and gave us plenty of instruction, but my adrenaline was pumping big time. As Aubrey and I got into the tiny plane, my heart was practically beating out of my chest. Houses looked about the size of ants and I asked my tandem jumper, "are we at altitude"? He laughed and told me we weren't even halfway there yet. You can see my shock in the video when I see one of the guys who was doing a solo jump launch out of the window. Yes, we were skydiving, but I just really did not expect someone to just jump out of airplane. That's when the sheer terror kicked in...I was next. I had told my tandem partner and guide, Wayne, that I wanted him to flip me out of the plane (if you are going to do something crazy, you might as well do it really crazy), so I heard a ONE, TWO, THREE and I was dropping like a brick. The first couple seconds were terror, and then the most amazing experience ever. It was almost and otherworldly experience to be free falling through the air and it all happened so fast. After about a 60 second free-fall from 13,000 feet, the chute was pulled and I was able to take in the spectacular views of Pattaya, while Wayne let me control the parachute and maneuver left, right, and do some hard spins. This once-in-a-lifetime experience, plus the fact that my old high school friends arrived on my birthday, would have to make this the best birthday ever.

Want to try? We definitely recommend Thai Sky Adventures, call them at 085 900 3412-

free pickup from Bangkok (Koh San road)...

Or Skype them at thaiskyadventures.com

www.thaiskyadventures.com

1 comment:

  1. Yes I am also here from INDIA and very much intersted for skydive.

    I have plan for same in august.

    Can you give me some guidelines...how may days,fees and others?

    ReplyDelete